The HIV Rapid HIV test offered at Positive Women Inc. is a finger prick test, which detects HIV antibodies if they are present in the blood sample. This will tell whether you have contracted HIV or not. The benefit of the HIV rapid test is that you will get the result in just 15 minutes.
We use a device known as the Trinity Uni-Gold Rapid HIV test which has an accuracy level of 99.96%.
- Testing with Positive Women Inc. is completely confidential.
- To book an appointment phone: 09 303 0094
- Free phone: 0800 POZTIV 0800 769 848
- Address: Level 1, 35 Hargreaves Street, St Mary’s Bay, Auckland 1011, New Zealand
Frequently Asked Questions:
- Is the test free? The HIV Rapid test is free and available to all women, including non New Zealand residents.
- How long do I have to wait after I have had unprotected sex to get tested for HIV. Can you get tested right away and know the results? Or do you have to wait a certain amount of time? HIV tests detect antibodies — the immune system’s response to infection. For the majority of people, HIV testing will be accurate at six weeks after possible infection. Therefore it is recommended to wait to get tested for at least 6 weeks. Please note: If you are worried or need to talk to someone please call us at any time – Free phone: 0800 POZTIV 0800 769 848 . If we don’t answer feel free to leave a message or email us at email@example.com
- Do you do tests for other sexually transmitted diseases? We only test for HIV at Positive Women Inc. If you require testing for other STI’s you will need to visit a sexual health clinic or your GP.